As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The role of a good tape measure is to ensure that your project is straightforward and successful.
Simply put, this is an accessory that construction workers and homeowners on DIY projects can rely on to store their tape measure when it isn’t in use.
The different types of tape measure holders out there come with a wide array of locking mechanism sets that keep them firmly attached to places like your belt loop or belt strap.
Having a versatile tape measure holder has several benefits, not least of which is the fact that it keeps your tape measure close at hand. In addition to this, it helps to keep your tape measure out of harm’s way and prevents you from misplacing it.
If you’re looking for some of the best tape measure holders on the market, you’ve come to the right place!
Table of Contents
- 1. Klein Tools 5196 Leather Tape Measure Holder
- 2. Custom Leathercraft 464 Heavy-Duty Construction Measuring Tape Holder
- 3. Amazon Occidental Leather 5046 Metal Clip-On Tape Holster
- 4. Hide & Drink Large Leather Tape Measure Holder and Tool Holster
- 5. DEWALT DG5164 Heavy-Duty Tape Holder
- How To Pick the Best Tape Measure Holder
- Final Word
One of the best things about this particular accessory is that it’ll stay properly fastened to your utility belt. Thanks to this, no matter what position your body’s in while you work, this leather belt holder will keep your tape measure firmly held in place.
Made of riveted leather construction, this low-cost tape holder is remarkably lightweight and offers you easy access to your tape measure as well.
It also has a rugged build, ensuring that it’ll be able to handle the rigors of heavy-duty construction or large-scale DIY projects.
If you like a simple tape measure holder that gives you easy access to your tape measure at all times, then the Kleins Tools 5196 is the right choice.
And, while it has a rather lightweight construction, the awesome leather skin of this tape measure holder won’t give, even when it’s holding multiple tapes.
The coolest thing about this tape measure pouch is that for all the additional features it brings to the table, it’s still not very expensive.
- Its wide range of sizes helps you hold everything from 12-foot to 25-foot tape measures with ease.
- It’s made of beautiful handcrafted leather.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s ideal for holding large-sized power return rules comfortably.
- It has different tool belt slot options you can choose from to secure it to your person.
- It’s not a tape measure holder for every single type of tape measure.
- It tends to lose its original shape after protracted use.
- The clip button of the pouch-like tape measure holder could be more durable.
This tape measure pouch holder is specially designed for craftsmen who spend extended periods of time working on projects. If you don’t want to have to change your preferred reel tapes frequently, then you need a tape measure holder of durable construction in your corner.
Everything from the style of the pouch to its strap feature makes the Custom Leathercraft 464 perfect for this job.
Not only is it made of beautiful leather that is remarkably tough, but it has a very powerful locking strap with snaps that keeps your tape measure firmly in place. All of this helps contribute to ensuring a smoother woodworking project.
This tape measure holder is also perfectly sized to fit on virtually any belt size.
However, two things you need to keep in mind when using this particular measure clip is that the narrower the tape measure, the higher the chances of the reel tapes wriggling inside it. Also, on the whole, it may be cumbersome for some people to use.
But beyond this, it’s an exceptional tape measure holder with an interesting strap feature that’s definitely worth the money.
- It has a riveted leather construction.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It comes with additional features like a safety snap.
- It has an attractive look.
- It’s well-made.
- It boasts fixed markers.
- Reel tapes of 16 inches in diameter and below will wiggle in it.
- Its buttons and snap-off mechanism are difficult to use.
Are you looking for a top-rated tape measure holder to secure your prized Fatmax Stanley?
Would you like a tape measure holder that is stylish as well?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you should check out the Amazon Occidental Leather 5046!
This limited tape measure holder will snugly fit your reel tapes and stay securely in place, no matter how mobile you have to get while working on DIY projects.
Equipped with a solid belt clip holder at the back, you’re going to get a far greater and deeper grip with this particular accessory. Once strapped on, it’d take more than a major jolt to dislodge it.
While this is without a doubt our choice for the best tape measure holder for 2022, it has a major drawback — it’s rather selective with the size of tape measures it can hold. If your tape measure is larger or smaller than the 25” Stanley Fatmax, you might not be able to enjoy this accessory.
You need to make sure you know the dimensions of your tape measure before getting this holder.
- The Occidental leather is aesthetically pleasing.
- The belt clip holder is easy to use.
- It’s the perfect pi diameter circumference for the 25” Stanley Fatmax and tape measures of the same size.
- It has a rugged construction.
- It has a high-quality belt clip holder.
- Its locking strap doesn’t come with a snap.
- It’s a pretty limited tape measure holder.
If yes, then you might like all that the Hide & Drink Large Measure Tape Holster has to offer.
To start with, this tape measure clip holder has a durable leather construction that sets it apart from many of its counterparts. So not only does it look great, but it’s also remarkably long-lasting as well.
Just like with most other entries on our list, you have to be particular when it comes to the size of the tape measure you intend to fit in this tool accessory. If you’ve determined that your tape measure is the right size for the Hide & Drink, then it’s a great gadget for you.
As long as your tape measurements fall within 2.25iches in width, you’ll be able to use this accessory.
What’s more, because it hangs at the perfect height, it won’t have any trouble staying in place, even if you move around wildly while working.
- It’s made of awesome leather skin.
- It has a highly durable construction.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- It can serve multiple purposes.
- It holds tape measures very securely.
- It’s very sturdy.
- The belt loop could be better made.
- The belt holder may lose its integrity after protracted use.
While this tape measure holder looks remarkably simple at first glance, this is arguably one of the most durable products on our list. Thanks to its double-layered ballistic nylon body, you can trust this pouch-like tape measure holder to keep your tools safe.
In addition to this, its durable nylon body also effectively shields it from wear and tear.
The great thing about this product is that it offers all of these features at a pocket-friendly price. It’s actually one of the least-expensive tape measure holders on the market.
It has a nice snap closure as well and it’s also readily compatible with any number of straps. It’s also quite sizable and can fit the 25” Fatmax Stanley and other standard-sized cased tape measures with ample room to spare.
It’s just right for people who want to save money and still get something you can depend on through thick and thin.
- It has a double-layered ballistic nylon fabric that’s resistant to wear and tear.
- It’s an Amazon’s Choice product.
- It’s compatible with any tool belt.
- It fits a wide range of tape measures easily.
- It’s an affordable tape measure holder.
- It has a lightweight construction that makes it convenient to carry.
- The snap fastener or attachment loop may come loose over time.
- It may restrict access to the tape measure.
How To Pick the Best Tape Measure Holder
There are several categories of tape measure holders out there. These can range from cheaper models and basic tape measure holders with attachment clips to more advanced holders with a sturdy stainless steel frame and a durable steel clip design.
If you want to get the best tape measure holder for you, here are some things to look for.
The Holder Material
The material that your tape measure holder is made of affects how well it’ll serve you as well as how long you’ll be able to use it.
The ideal holder should be sturdy enough to withstand the inevitable bangs of construction sites yet flexible enough to easily remain attached to your waistband while you’re in motion.
The Holder Size
The proportion and holding capacity of the tool accessory are also very important. As you know, holders come in different sizes. So, it helps to know the dimensions of the tape measure(s) you plan to carry before making a purchase.
This is important because it ensures that your tape measure fits snugly without being too loose or too tight.
Another crucial element you need to look at when picking a holder is how well it’ll fit around in your utility belt loop. This means you need to consider your waistband when making a purchase as well.
It needs to fit properly to ensure that you can use your tape measure efficiently and effectively.
The last variable you need to consider is the aesthetic of the product. Pick a tape measure holder that meets your personal preference and style.
Certain tape measure holders come with additional features that are also worth taking into consideration.
1. What’s Better: a Pouch Holder or a Clip-On?
Either option is a great choice.
That being said, it bears mentioning that the former is more popular than the latter. However, the clip-on has the advantage of being able to help you carry more tools.
2. What Size of Tape Measure Holder Should I Get?
This is completely dependent on the size of the tape measure you want to carry.
People who do a lot of DIY projects or work on construction sites are usually best served getting holders that can fit 25 to 35 feet measuring tapes.
3. Do Tape Measure Holders Last for a Long Time?
If you get a good quality one, then a holder can last a very long time.
On average, you can get 3 to 5 years of use out of a good one.
While these tool accessories appear small and simple, the best tape measure holder can be an invaluable addition to your tool kit. All the products we’ve highlighted have the necessary features to help you keep your tape measure safe and readily available while you work.
And, if you’re not able to find any to your liking on this list, you now have a bit more information to guide your buying decision.
Read more about how to purchase the best tape measure!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.